The Mizuno MP-69 is targeted at Tour Players and low handicap amateurs. The Mizuno MP-69 is a muscleback set, evolved from the Mizuno MP-68. The Mizuno MP-69s feature a slightly more pronounced toe design that has not been seen in a Mizuno set since the MP-32s.
The MP-69 irons are designed with precision craftsmanship to maintain the standards MP players have come to expect. Mizuno incorporates a newly developed 4D Muscle design to further optimize the set, resulting in a consistent sweet spot height throughout the line that creates predictable penetrating trajectory. This 4D Technology combined with Grain Flow Forging gives players shot and ball control, and ultimate feel. Utilizing Harmonic Impact Technology (H.I.T.), Mizuno scientifically tunes the sound of each club head to further enhance the feel.
The new 4D muscle pad on the back of the MP-69's clubhead, strategically places the weight progressively throught the set to produce easier-to-hit long irons with a slightly higher ball flight than before, whilst the shorter irons remain cleaner and more compact with a high center of gravity for improved trajectory control. The MP-69s offer great levels of feedback thanks to Mizuno's Grain Flow Forged clubheads, that produce an improved impact sound and feel. Lastly, the Mizuno MP-69s feature an evolved sole design with a more beveled trailing edge for cleaner turf interaction.
The sole shape of the MP-69 irons was slightly redesigned to maintain effective bounce while increasing overall workability through trailing edge relief. An ideally placed beveled trailing edge delivers more consistent ball striking with a Tour proven sole size and shape. Complete with the appropriate amount of relief for a deeper Center of Gravity (COG), Mizuno’s new sole design increases the versatility of the Mizuno MP-69 irons. Modified U-grooves, which conform to the Condition of Competition 2010, produce the ideal spin rate for maximum playability in all conditions.
1. 4D Muscle design delivers unmatched ball and flight control by maintaining the perfect COG design in each head
2. Scientifically designed to optimize sound and feel at impact utilizing Modal Analysis and Harmonic Impact Technology
3. Strategically placed trailing edge bevel delivers tour confirmed performance and increased versatility
4. Patented Grain Flow Forged™ 1025E "Pure Select" mild carbon steel provides the ultimate soft, solid, and consistent feel
5. Modified U-grooves, which conform to the Condition of Competition, produce the ideal spin rate for maximum playability in all conditions